We all have more or less a skincare routine but are we really doing the right thing? Women tend to take care of their skins more than men, although this is something that is changing rapidly as men are getting more and more comfortable with using beauty products that can make them feel and look better.
There are so many products out there and millennials men are more prone to use products, they are the ones who want to feel great and look great! with a healthy lifestyle, skincare needs to be indeed part of their life.
Although I am no longer a millennial, I have always taken care of my skin. From a very young age, I started using face creams and would never go out without, to me, it would have been like going out naked.
So now that I am reaching the age of 45, I feel an even bigger need to use products with an even more regimented skincare routine. the recommendations below include products that are not necessarily ‘MEN’ products, but I don’t tend to stick to men products (at times I find them quite boring…) and I honestly don’t mind using any kind of products that work for me, if they don’t, I just try something different!
You are going to say that a man’s skin is different to a woman, of course it is, a man skin is about 25% thicker than a woman and a man’s skin thins gradually with age, whereas a woman’s skins thickness remains constant up to her mid 40s, after menopause, a woman skin will thin at a significant rate, so there are indeed products that are more adapted to this change. What I do recommend below are products that work well for me and as I am getting older, I may have to review my skincare routine when I feel the products I use are not as adequate as they used to. So ladies, whatever I recommend below can work for you too! 🙂
My morning routine
Although this is not as simple as the moisturising part has several steps! This is what I am currently using and would recommend:
- Cleanse – CLINIQUE liquid facial soap combination/oily skin. £17.50 http://clinique liquid facial soap oily skin formula
- Tone – ELEMIS Soothing Apricot Toner, a soothing and calming toner with a great scent. £24.50 https://www.elemis.com/soothing-apricot-toner.html
- ELEMIS Superfood Facial Oil, I just could not do without it! £45 https://www.elemis.com/superfood-facial-oil.html
- ELEMIS Pro-Collagen Super serum Elixir, your skin will be left so smooth and radiant, a MUST have in your skincare routine! £51.50 https://www.elemis.com/pro-collagen-super-serum-elixir.html
- I would end my routine with ELEMIS Daily Moisture Boost (designed for men), giving me a full blast of hydration throughout the day. £34 https://www.elemis.com/daily-moisture-boost.html
- PS: I only use an eye product at night, pretty bad of me as this should be part of a day and night routine! although from time to time, I use VALMONT V-shape filling eye balm. £180 https://www.valmontcosmetics.com/uk/en/v-shape-filling-eye-balm.html
As you can see, I am a big ELEMIS fan, this is one brand I absolutely love as they have something for everyone, ELEMIS is a lifestyle brand and this is what I love about them. Nature meets science, they find the finest ingredients and with the help of science make the best products I have ever tried. This is British No1 Skincare brand and has been on the market for nearly 30 years. Being an omni-channel brand, you can find the products on board of ships, retail, spas & salons and online.
My evening routine
I would repeat pretty much the same as above however I would use the following cream instead:
- ELEMIS Pro-collagen overnight Matrix, an amazing bouncy textured cream with a drone peptide technology targeting the areas of the skin that needs it most. £145 https://www.elemis.com/pro-collagen-overnight-matrix.html
- I do however use a night cream at night, and this would be VALMONT as above
Products I use on an ad-hoc basis
- ELEMIS Energising skin scrub, I would use a face scrub once or twice a week, getting rid of dead skin cells and leaving my skin very smooth. £33.50 https://www.elemis.com/energising-skin-scrub.html
- ELEMIS Superfood Berry mask, DO NOT EAT IT 🙂 but honestly you would want to, the smell is divine and it looks like one of these healthy berry smoothie! The oatmeal particles help exfoliate the skin gently and the purple clay absorbs excess surface oils as Brazilian clay has a mattifying effect, great for those oily skins… £30 https://www.elemis.com/superfood-berry-boost-mask.html
- TAN LUXE, The Face. You can add a few drops to your moisturiser, giving you that holiday glow! the more drops you add, the darker the complexion! £39 https://tan-luxe.com/the-store/the-face-anti-age/
These are really my favourite products right now and my skin has never felt so alive! No need to say that to keep your skin healthy and glowy, do not forget to drink plenty of water, remember your 5 a day and exercise is a must, even if it is a short walk on a daily basis!
What skincare products do you use? What is your skincare routine? share your comments and help others looking for that perfect skincare! 🙂